Organizational Change Management
One of the areas with the highest potential impact for an organization implementing business transformation is Organizational Change Management (OCM). This can be one of the most challenging areas to change, but is critical not only to minimize disruption during the change, but also to enable adoption and realization of the business benefits.
- Company Dynamics
- New Product Release/ Business/ Merger/ Acquisition/ etc
- Capacity for Change
- 2/3 year business plan/ impact
- Human Asset Liaison
- Change Advocate Sponsorship
- Key C level roles filled appropriately
- Leadership team onboard with the effort
- Conflicting Priorities
- “one” vision of success (project goals)
- Dedication level to the effort
- Project Sponsor Advisor
Future State Organizational Structure
- What does IT look like? What does the business look like?
- Organizational Chart
- Roles & Responsibilities
- New job descriptions
- Reduce headcount/ Increase headcount
- BSO (Business Support Organization)/ team?
- Duplicating effort between team and system?
- Insource/ Outsource
- Onshore/ Offshore
- Program Leadership
- Communications (internal & external)
- Cadence of meetings and check in
- Milestone tracking
- Structure of the effort
- Capture the benefits and track
- Status/ Impact Analysis
- Inter division/department/ company consolidator